Welcome to my web page! This page is a place to read all about District 69's Curriculum and Instruction practices as well as a place to read all about current issues in education.
- Go to http://camp69.eventbrite.com
- Click the orange “Attend” box for a session you want to attend.
- On the next page, click on the orange “Enter promotional code” (right under Ticket Information).
- Enter promotional code (for non-D69 staff, it is campd69guest) and click “Apply.”
- On the next page, click on the green “Register” box.
- Type in your information under “Your Information.” Use your work email address.
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
Next Generation Science Standards to be released by April 12th.
Common Core Standards for English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics have already been released and adopted. District 69 is implementing Math CCS fully in 2012-2013. Science is up next! Check out: www.nextgenscience.org/next-generation-science-standards to read all about them!
Check out www.pdkintl.org/poll to read the report. Scroll down to "Download a FREE copy of the full report on the 2012 PDK/Gallup Poll.
Check out this great commencement speech from Dr. Atul Gawande, a surgeon who spoke at the ASCD convention last week!
American Dervish is the story of a 12 year old Pakistani boy who is trying to navigate becoming a teenager and how his family's strong Pakistani culture plays into that journey. Becoming part of the American culture while still maintaining cultural values is a journey that many of our District 69 students are going through. (March, 2012)
April's read is Collaborative School Improvement: Eight Practices for District-School Partnerships to Transform Learning (Kaufman, Dolci Grimm & Miller, Harvard Education Press)
Lincoln Junior High