Illinois State Board of Education Internet Safety Resources
SafetyNet - Click-here for links and resources below for information from the AAP and other organizations that specialize in keeping children and adolescents safer online.
Keeping Kids Safe Online (Tips and Tools for parents)
iSafe Link - Founded in 1998, i-SAFE America provides Internet safety information and knowledge to students, parents, and everyone in the community in a variety of ways.
- Keep the computer in a family room rather than the child's bedroom.
- Read about and familiarize yourself with online services and learn how to log on with your child.
- Establish a password for your computer to prevent children from being online without your knowledge.
- Instruct your children never to give out personal information on the computer, such as their name, address, phone number, school name, or a photograph.
- Instruct your children not to respond to any messages that are mean or make them feel uncomfortable and to notify you immediately.
- Consult a computer dealer regarding the use of blocking software.
- Make going online a family activity, spend time with your children while they're online.
FirstGov for Kids (www.kids.gov)
Kid Zui (www.kidzui.com)
Noodle Net (www.noodlenet.com)
Surfing the Net with Kids (www.surfnetkids.com)
Surf Safely.com (www.surfsafely.com)
TekMom’s Search Tools for Students (www.tekmom.com/search)
ThinkQuest Library (www.thinkquest.org/library)
Yahoo! Kids (http://kids.yahoo.com)
Lincoln Junior High